A brand new project

Started by Lirodon, April 01, 2016, 05:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirodon

Hello, everypony.  I've actually been starting a new sort of side project with some others: we had decided that the existing ecosystem for pony rhythm games needed to be shaken up with a new concept. Music games in which you are simply looking at ponies are not immersive enough. We decided that you can't just play as a pony, you need to  feel like you're a pony.

With this in mind, I would like to unveil the new side project me devs are working on: Pony Rock Live! The game about playing guitar as a pony! This is the first music game that lets you feel, in first person, what it's like to be a pony that plays guitar. We're using the latest in full motion video technology to simulate a real world concert experience, playing sets with all of your favorite songs. You'll also notice that our gameplay is a little different: 6 buttons in two rows are better than 5!

Here's a peak at an early build we're working on at this moment in time:

Right now, we only support the use of guitars. This is intentional, because this game will only be about guitars. Want to drum? No dice. Want to play bass? You might. Want to sing? You can, but we're not judging you.

Our tentative release date? Some time in 2019. It takes a lot of work to shoot the footage we need; needs a LOT of ponies.
Graphics designer, web designer, StepMania themer too.

rainbowderpy

in case this is an open source project, add link to code repository please!
I definitely am interested in this (sort of) guitar pony project! Sounds promising.

Smilley

I'm not sure how six buttons would replicate the one "thumb" a pony could use, but new pony rhythm games are always welcome!
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Lirodon

Quote from: Smilley on April 01, 2016, 06:57:46 AM
I'm not sure how six buttons would replicate the one "thumb" a pony could use, but new pony rhythm games are always welcome!

It doesn't matter. You're pressing the buttons with magic anyway.

Dex

That sounds great. Do you have a website or something we could follow to get updates about your progress?

Lirodon

Quote from: Dex on April 01, 2016, 10:23:26 PM
That sounds great. Do you have a website or something we could follow to get updates about your progress?

Right here!

Goliathe

Quote from: Lirodon on April 01, 2016, 11:50:11 PM
Quote from: Dex on April 01, 2016, 10:23:26 PM

Right here!

The Russian RickRoll wow
Vitas is good though
Now the sunrise lifts us up from the dark,
The dawn bringing light, bringing hope;
We will rebuild for our spirit is strong,
And Harmony will be restored.