[S3E01] Failure / Success

Started by Renard, July 14, 2012, 12:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

EDIT: THIS TRACK IS INCLUDED IN THE CURRENT MLK RELEASE.
(and updated)
We'll switch to a definitive version once it airs.

So Twilight wasn't prepared for this. Me neither. Whatever, I still decided to create an Ultrastar file for the newest pony song out there.

Hasbro gave us a sneak peak of the upcoming Season 3, including a song. Head to EQD for more details (and spoilers) about this!

This was hastily made during the night - while it should still be fun to play, expect some errors here and there.
It's quick and dirty, and not representative of the work made on the other files for the MyLittleKaraoke project.

Download!

HOW TO USE
1. Install UltraStar DX.
2. Unzip the song file you just downloaded.
3. Copy its content to the /song/ folder in your UltraStar installation.

In Windows, that's usually in:
C:\Program Files\UltraStar Deluxe\Songs\

You have to copy over the whole song folder and its content. That means you'll end up with something like:
C:\Program Files\UltraStar Deluxe\Songs\I wasn't prepared for this\song.mp3

4. Start the game and start singing!

Do not hesitate to register and leave a comment!

Renard

Surprise: this song is actually divided in two parts, the "Failure Song" (E01) and the "Success Song" (E02)!

Should we merge them in a single file, or keep 'em separated?

SR

Merge them!  The success song is very much a reprise of the failure song, so it has the same feel to it that BBBFF has (with its reprise).  So yes--  I think they ought to be merged, eh!

Smilley

Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Smilley

Finally, we won't have to be embarrassed for the video quality of this song. Fixed the song to the HQ audio/video, added Success and made a few edits. And with this, we have all major song from Season 3.
EDIT: I think the video gap is a bit off between Failure and Success, though. Failure's at about 0.3, while Success' is closer to 0.1. 0.2 is a good compromise, though.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

Thank you! :)

I'm surprised you needed to adjust the video gap - I tried to sync the MP3 and MP4 from the getgo so there shouldn't be any. My computer seems to have its fair share of audio lag, though, so I might have derped it. Hm.

PsychicWalnut

Instrumental.txt missing reference to video.mp4