Greetings!

Started by platinumcolt, September 02, 2015, 07:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

platinumcolt

Bit late saying hello on the welcome board. Approximately 6 months late to be exact, but I thought I would still make one none the less. First I would like to say how thankful I am for there being a MLK available. And secondly how much this has actually been a help for me both for my appreciation of music and has given me something I actually feel a joy for ^^ currently i`m actually on it almost having been half a year of me playing this game every single day(enjoyed ever minute of it though) and I can proudly say I will continue to play karaoke now as long as I continue to sing. only downside so far is well, I kind of wish I could make songs myself on here. I got the rhythm and how the words flow down, but when it comes to figuring out the pitches of a song, I can`t seem to figure out a single one. I mean I can, but I can`t tell which ones are the correct notes(even with a piano close by me) but hey I will always continue to wait for more songs to come out ^^ Just creating them would be alot of fun :3

Goliathe

Hai there ^^

Now I'll be short because I'm low on time as I type this, but if you ever ened help with pitches and stuff, maybe I can help you. I've been dying to make hundreds of songs but my old laptop crashes everytime I open the editor, so I'll have to wait until I get a new PC (which might take another year or so). Good luck anyway :)
Now the sunrise lifts us up from the dark,
The dawn bringing light, bringing hope;
We will rebuild for our spirit is strong,
And Harmony will be restored.

platinumcolt

Quote from: Goliathe on September 02, 2015, 10:41:48 PM
Hai there ^^

Now I'll be short because I'm low on time as I type this, but if you ever ened help with pitches and stuff, maybe I can help you. I've been dying to make hundreds of songs but my old laptop crashes everytime I open the editor, so I'll have to wait until I get a new PC (which might take another year or so). Good luck anyway :)

Thank you for the welcome ^^ As for learning pitches, really I would appreciate any help I can get trying to understand them better. Honestly I have alot of songs I worked on with how the wording flows and listened as closely to the rhythm of the song as I can. But at the end of the day, without knowing what key each individual pitch is in, it just turns into a template of what could of been :3 I`ve started trying to learn off of youtube and reddit, but I am saving up for lessons just in case.

Smilley

Three words: trial and error. It's really nothing more complicated than that. It takes some experience and a good ear to be consistent, but it really comes down to learning by doing. I remember my first blundering attempts - judging by today, they were oh so bad, but they were a learning experience each.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

platinumcolt

Quote from: Smilley on September 03, 2015, 09:03:31 AM
Three words: trial and error. It's really nothing more complicated than that. It takes some experience and a good ear to be consistent, but it really comes down to learning by doing. I remember my first blundering attempts - judging by today, they were oh so bad, but they were a learning experience each.

I guess it really is trial and error most of the time :3 Just wish I had a good ear for picking out pitch. Thing with me is, I can hear pitch changes up to that ever so slight one, but even then It takes me about 2-3 listens to find out if it`s lower or higher. My main problem with it is the key structure. I even learned all the keys on my keyboard to try to get it down, but for the life of me I can`t find the key the original song was played in. So I want to figure out how to build my ear around that ^^ Plus the more I dig into learning about the ins and outs of music the more I tend to enjoy it :3

Smilley

I tend to only use USDX's built-in editor, that lets you play back the lines with a piano sound. If it doesn't fit, I go a note higher or lower. Fortunately, most songs only use around 5-6 pitches, with a bit of variation if there is a bridge. After you've nailed the first two to three lines, it becomes much easier.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

I also tend to use a mic and some pitch detection software, and sing along, to narrow down pitches. Software-wise, I use either Performous' mic test screen (sound muted) or FMIT; both show the currently detected pitch.