A Question or Two

Started by The New Kid, December 01, 2013, 03:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The New Kid

Hey guys, new here. I'm pretty new to the whole fandom and all, but I'm still really impressed at the amazing work that you guys have done on this project. That being said, do you guys plan on doing one song at a time from now on or are you going to release them in bunches?

Also, I saw something about Awoken being worked on or being a work in progress-I simply must get my hands on this, regardless of what stage of completion it's in. The only song I like more is Lullaby for a Princess, and you guys already nailed that one.

Thanks for the help!  ;D
The pony comes from a need, not a desire

Smilley

Hi! Welcome to the herd, as it were.
We still plan to release new songs in bunches. Actually, we already have a big update in the works, but we're currently waiting on some things to finish.
Awoken is indeed WiP, its discussion thread being here. We are always glad about feedback, but this particular song will need some work on your part:
1) Download the MP3 from the Youtube link and rename it song.mp3
2) Create a blank notes.txt file and copy the content of the area marked "Code" from post #7 into it.
3) (Optional) Save the background picture as background.png
4) Create a folder inside your My Little Karaoke\Songs folder and copy these 2-3 files inside
5) Enjoy!
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

The New Kid

Wow! Thanks so much! I followed your instructions, and to my amazement I actually got the song to work! It seems almost perfect, and those iffy parts are probably my cringe-inducing voice. However, the only thing I've been unable to get working is the background picture while the song is being sung - I've tried multiple times to save the background picture I want into the song folder, both as just background and as background.png, but all I get is a white screen. I used the same image for the cover though, saved it as just cover, and it works just fine.

Any ideas? Thanks again so much for your help - I really appreciate it! Awesome work on the song, by the way.  ;D

Smilley

Open the notes.txt file and change the line #BACKGROUND:background.jpg to #BACKGROUND:background.png.

The New Kid

Worked like a charm. Thanks again for the help!  ;D

By the way, would it be possible to get a video, for example Awoken's "main" PMV (BronyDanceParty's) to work with the song, or would it be much more complicated? I don't need instructions or anything, just curious.

Smilley

It is possible, but that PMV's pretty graphic. We want to keep things "PG13" if possible, and "It'll be OK" and "Aloe Aloe" are as far as we'd like to go.
If you want to add it, you can rip the video using sites like YTConv and add it in with the #VIDEO tag.

The New Kid

Ah. I didn't consider that, but you have a valid point there sir. Thanks anyway.