[EQG Shorts] My Past Is Not Today

Started by Smilley, April 01, 2015, 07:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

Smilley

IKR? Makes you almost forget how we were all left with a drought of pony content for months. I would really love to give the PR guy at Hasbro a piece of mind, 'cause he's either an evil mastermind to keep all that stuff back for so long just to release it all in one go, or he's an idiot. Some vain, Truman Show-y part of me wonders if they only dumped these three songs now to see if we could get them up in time for the season opening meetups.
And to that I say: Challenge accepted!

Aaanyway, doing the notes on this one first. Kasumi is my favourite singer, but this song is just too powerful. I'm already done with the first verse and chorus. I'll finish the rest tomorrow. I used a slapdash LQ MP3 rip, but it does its' job. All we'll need is adjust the gap and remove the START and END tags.

Smilley

Done, to the best of my power at this point. Man, this song is quickly approaching favourite status.

EDIT: Also, how about this as the background image?

Renard

Re: bg, I tend to favor widescreen images from the start (or ones with absurdly high enough resolution so cropping and resizing still looks okay).
What's the audio source?

Edit: updated the video and audio, adjusted timing (is is okay?), tell me what you think :)

Smilley

Just ripped off Youtube using YTConv.net and converted to CBR. I didn't go for quality, just for something to work with.

PsychicWalnut

I really wish I had better source audio for this.  But I managed to turn the .mp3 we got into a passable instrumental... I think.