[S5E01] In Our Town

Started by Renard, April 04, 2015, 09:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

Smilley

Wanna do it yourself, or just obligatory "show song" thread?
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

The latter - I'm not home this week, can't work on it (I'll add a rough audio track in Owncloud though).

PsychicWalnut

This one is gonna be interesting...   there is NO main singer during the chorus lines.

sleumas2000

right - I'll try this one.
For the chorus, I'll just see what sounds best and let other people edit it until they like it too
Top of the day to you!

PsychicWalnut

OK guys, I got some audio in the cloud for ya.

There's a vocal reference track for tapping and pitching, the full song, and two instrumental versions (one with the chorus removed)  Feel free to pick what version(s) you want for the final release.

All tracks are sync'd with each other.

sleumas2000

Quote from: PsychicWalnut on April 07, 2015, 09:41:38 PM
OK guys, I got some audio in the cloud for ya.

There's a vocal reference track for tapping and pitching, the full song, and two instrumental versions (one with the chorus removed)  Feel free to pick what version(s) you want for the final release.

All tracks are sync'd with each other.
Thanks - I'll get to work on it
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

High quality audio files, how I missed thee... ;)

Smilley

@sleumas2000: I checked out the draft file: you might wanna double the beat count. 200 BPM is on the low end of the spectrum, and 400 is definitely more practical. Rule of thumb: even the shortest notes should be at least 2 beats, and if ever possible, there should be at least 1 beat pause between notes.

sleumas2000

I know - I realised as soon as I started doing it.
Nothing seems to get the BPM right for it. :(
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

Y'know, you can just press SHIFT+M in the USDX editor.
I also kinda sorta did did the rest of the song - just need to fix the linebreaks and add Golden Notes. I haven't uploaded it yet, if you still want to finish it. Also, I gotta go. Work, an' all that.

Diponi

Ew, looks like iTunes is cropping episodes again. How is it even possible to mess up so badly that the resolution becomes 1888x1080?

edit: Oops, I didn't intend to upload the video, only noticed it now. (I tend to re-encode my local copies of the videos, so as to obtain 1080p files.) Might as well keep it, I guess. The video is cropped a bit (1888x1062) because of the freaky resolution.
Also, I had to (losslessly) cut 0.68 0.78 seconds (better lip sync) of silence from the start of the mp3's, so that the video begins at the first frame of the door shot. Adjusted gaps accordingly.

yayponies-eu

Quote from: Diponi on April 11, 2015, 10:52:45 AM
Ew, looks like iTunes is cropping episodes again. How is it even possible to mess up so badly that the resolution becomes 1888x1080?

edit: Oops, I didn't intend to upload the video, only noticed it now. (I tend to re-encode my local copies of the videos, so as to obtain 1080p files.) Might as well keep it, I guess. The video is cropped a bit (1888x1062) because of the freaky resolution.
Also, I had to (losslessly) cut 0.68 0.78 seconds (better lip sync) of silence from the start of the mp3's, so that the video begins at the first frame of the door shot. Adjusted gaps accordingly.

I don't know, I truly don't know ... Ask Hasbro?