Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks - Bad Counter Spell

Started by ButterKing4Ever, April 09, 2015, 11:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ButterKing4Ever

If Spike's Fail Cloudsdale Anthem, 99 Buckets Of Oats, that Boop thing and Wonder Over The Yonder's The Box can count as Karaoke worthy by MLK's standards, then I'd say make Rainbow Rocks's Fail Counterspell Song count as part of MLK as well.  :o

Smilley

OK, I'll bite. If I can get a good audio and video source, and you can find an appropriately derpy background image, I'll do it.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

Smilley

You like to see me - and our fans - squirm, don't you?

Smilley

Welp, it's done. It's as good as it'll ever be.
What does it say that even when she is trying to sound off-key, Rebecca Shoichet manages to hit her notes more consistently than John de Lancie who's trying to sound good...?

Anyway, I'm tempted to use this artwork as our cover image. I've yet to find an appropriately goofy background image.
EDIT: Actually, what better "derp" image than the EQG dolls. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a group shot with a better resolution.

Renard

Added the cover image, and a more generic background (it's hard finding suitable EQG art).

Smilley

The version in the Beta Channel is lacking the .mp3 and the .png-s.

Renard

Checked - it's definitely there (works on my various VMs test envs as well). Weird? Download error?

Goliathe

Works for me and I just downloaded it a few hours ago.
You might want to simply install it again... or search where these files ended up :P
Now the sunrise lifts us up from the dark,
The dawn bringing light, bringing hope;
We will rebuild for our spirit is strong,
And Harmony will be restored.

Smilley

Wierd indeed. I downloaded the file too, just to be sure, and it still only showed two files: the notes and the video. Works now. I don't get it, but I'll take it.

Renard

Probably some network hiccup ending up in a corrupted tarball - and the software ended up deflating the only valid files it could find in it (the mp3 and png didn't have a valid checksum and thus failed). I guess. :P

Smilley

I just had a thought: could we selectively boost the vocals for the part that is muffled? I know I'm trying to polish a turd here, but if we want to make it singable, we might as well go the whole way.

Renard

I don't know - I like the added awkwardness of it. :P

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: Smilley on October 28, 2015, 08:31:37 AM
I know I'm trying to polish a turd here
Yeah, it can be done...  with varying results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

I don't have much hope for this song, as the audio in the movie wasn't formatted like other songs.