[S5E05] I'll Fly

Started by Smilley, April 26, 2015, 01:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Obligatory "new show song" thread.

Another episode, another new song. And the long-awaited RD solo to boot.
Having listened to it again, I'm pretty sure it is gonna be hell to code. They really went all-out with Ashleigh's vocal range.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Smilley

Got the first draft ready. It's finished as far as tapping and pitching are concerned, I just need to adjust linebreaks and add Golden Notes.

EDIT: And done!

PsychicWalnut

Alright...
I tossed my usual 3 versions of the song on the cloud.

THEY ARE NOT SYNC'D WITH THE EXISTING VERSION.

I also left a special gift at the end of the song, that should get a chuckle or two out of the fans.  We can always remove it if we want.

Smilley

It's OK with me. If I had one issue with the video above, it's that it cut away before Tank's head flopped down.
I synced up the notes file to the new MP3.

Smilley

Fixed a case of misheard lyrics - it's "...until the end of the sky", not "into" - and updated the Cloud files.
And while checking if just changing the lyrics would mean we need a new checksum - yes, it does - I beat Rainbow Crash's score by 10 points. The irony. No sweat, I won't b*tch about it, I have enough top scores as is.
Which brings me to a question: how will we handle scores and checksums for changed notes-files? Here, we could keep using both, at least until the next major release, since I didn't change anything gameplay-wise.