[EQG3] What More Is Out There

Started by Smilley, September 19, 2015, 01:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Smilley

Done, for now. Also, a promo clip with... half the song: all the song, since the old one was removed:

PsychicWalnut

I made the instrumental track for this one.  It is now on the cloud.

At this point, I kinda want to say unhappy words to the person responsible for mixing the original audio.  Why in Equestria do they have to mix the center channel into almost EVERY other channel?   It gets annoying having to filter it out all the time.

If you guys still need a pitch reference track for this, let me know and I'll generate one.

Smilley

Renard

Quote from: PsychicWalnut on October 19, 2015, 05:53:11 AMWhy in Equestria do they have to mix the center channel into almost EVERY other channel?
I can definitely understand that. I used to run a small 5.1 setup on my computer - nothing fancy, analog audio, raw amp, etc; at first I thought it would be a nice upgrade from regular stereo sound, but in the end most movies focus so much on the center channel only that it felt like going back to just a mono setup.

Edit:

The instrumental track's volume is... quite lower than the OST version. Should I normalize it, or should it be rendered again?

Smilley

Changed the GAP to 7440, as it was a bit ahead.
Also fun fact: changing the gap doesn't affect the hashtag for uploading scores.
We should put that fix out there, as that alone made a difference of ~300 points for me.

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: Renard on October 19, 2015, 09:21:54 AM
The instrumental track's volume is... quite lower than the OST version. Should I normalize it, or should it be rendered again?

Oops... My bad.

I'll fix it on my end, since it's best to make these adjustments before the sample rate is lowered to 41khz.

...and done.

Enochia

New to the forum and I was wondering where I can download the instrumental version.  I'd like to use it for an upcoming audition.

Goliathe

For the moment I think these are the best you'll find. I only searched for a couple of minutes, so there might be a better one out there (pun intended), but if it works, well here there are.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/iayi959b3ilou52/What's+More+That's+Out+There+Instrumental.mp3
https://soundcloud.com/ava-smith-18/what-more-is-out-there-instrumental
Now the sunrise lifts us up from the dark,
The dawn bringing light, bringing hope;
We will rebuild for our spirit is strong,
And Harmony will be restored.

Goliathe

This might be a silly question, but I was wondering if we'd ever get to make the duet version of this song.
Now the sunrise lifts us up from the dark,
The dawn bringing light, bringing hope;
We will rebuild for our spirit is strong,
And Harmony will be restored.