[S5E26] Friends are always there for you

Started by Smilley, November 29, 2015, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

PsychicWalnut

Man, this song was tricky...
It took a bit, but I managed to pull out the center-ish vocal from the last half of the song leaving the harmony singers intact.

At this point, I think that Daniel Ingram is doing these things just to test me.

Anyhow...

The instrumental, and pitch reference tracks are up.
My version of the song file is called song2.  The start time of the song is different from the existing song file.

rainbowderpy

great job! how did you do it? I tried to get an instrumental version using audacity, inverting one of the channels and adding it to the other channel. the result was not what I hoped for...

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: rainbowderpy on December 05, 2015, 12:46:26 AM
I tried to get an instrumental version using audacity, inverting one of the channels and adding it to the other channel. the result was not what I hoped for...

Yeah, that's the correct theory you have there... and in a perfect scenario, it works great.

However, pony music always needs a lot of TLC, and a bit of magic.   And yes, Audacity is the editor I use.

The best tip I can give is... Get the highest quality source you can, and work from there. (I consider an MP3 file to be the lowest quality to use for a source)

Initially I made an instrumental with even the chorus removed... but it had such a nice positional layout that I wanted to keep some of it in.

Smilley

Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

rainbowderpy

I redid the video and tried to align with the song2.mp3 (+ some minor changes). Now only cover and background image are missing.