H8_Seed - Heartstrings

Started by Ginge, September 26, 2012, 07:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginge

I'm planning on doing a H8_Seed bundle. I've got one down (well, mostly) and plan on doing at least five of his songs. If the mods want me to separate this out I'd be more than willing to, I just thought it would be better to have one topic where I could dump all my stuff.

One of the reasons I want to do H8_Seed (besides the obvious that he is absolutely brilliant) is because almost all of his vocals are written for two tracks, a main melody and a harmony. Ideally, I'll have both parts available on each song, but I haven't tried that yet, so no promises.

EDIT: I've decided to move on from this project since Awoken really discouraged me from continuing (oh my God that song wasted so much of my life it's not funny). Instead, I'll just work on whatever I want to instead of sticking to one artist. I expect my productivity will get better that way.

Heartstrings - Waiting for critique (check out the mostly completed file here)(it comes with the mp3 and a cover (unknown source) AND a background (source)!)
I should be doing something productive instead of coming up with a new signature.

Smilley

Quote from: 206-Ginge on September 26, 2012, 07:00:10 AM
I'm planning on doing a H8_Seed bundle. I've got one down (well, mostly) and plan on doing at least five of his songs. If the mods want me to separate this out I'd be more than willing to, I just thought it would be better to have one topic where I could dump all my stuff.
Welcome aboard! Yes, we would like you to do separate threads for each song. That way, we can see at a glance what song is being worked on. And once you're finished and we made a quality check, the thread will be moved to the appropriate Feedback board.
Heartstrings - In Progress (check out the mostly completed file here)(it comes with the mp3 and a cover (unknown source) AND a background (source)!)
Will take a look at that one later.
Petrified - Not yet planned (does rap work in UltraStar? If so I'd very much like to do this song)
Not in any usable form.
"Not yet planned" just means that I don't think I'm going to do it unless there's interest. "In queue" means I'm pretty sure I'll do it sooner or later, probably sooner (for reference Heartstrings took me one night once I actually was able to sit down for two hours without getting distracted by video games or Tumblr).
I know your pain exactly. Bringing yourself to actually sit down and work on it can be one of the most time-consuming things. (Goes off to check on VDC and Ask-Crusaders).
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Profpatsch

Welcome to the team!

Smilley already said most there is to say.
I'm glad someone does H8_Seed, although there are a few proposals I'd like to make:

Due to the nature of H8_Seed's music it may sound really awkward to sing over it with a normal voice. So you should first think about this: Would anyone want to sing over this?
Personally I know I'd love to, but I don't know how many other people there are.

Heartstrings:
This thing is written in 5 (heck yeah), but very hard to sing (that's why I know it by heart and can play it on my piano...).
You might want to check out Pony1Kenobi's cover and maybe modify your file for this as well, since it's way more "accessible".

Awoken:
Should actually credited more towards Glaze, since it appeared on his channel (maybe they did it for H8_Seed to profit off Glaze's fame, who knows)

Petrified:
Meh, rap doesn't really work.

Manticore:
Is very fast, this will be hard. The faster a track is, the harder to create a file for it.

Too Many Heads
Yes please. That's all.

Go for it!

Renard

Ginge

Thanks for the quick support guys! I'll make sure to split this up once I've got another song completed, I'll probably wind up deleting this topic since I don't want to clutter this section up too much.

Quote from: Profpatsch on September 26, 2012, 12:49:15 PM
Heartstrings:
This thing is written in 5 (heck yeah), but very hard to sing (that's why I know it by heart and can play it on my piano...).
You might want to check out Pony1Kenobi's cover and maybe modify your file for this as well, since it's way more "accessible".

I sang over my track and thought it worked really well, though it certainly is one of the more challenging songs. I'm kind of confused by your statement aout Poni1Kenobi's cover being easier to sing, since it's actually faster IIRC. Is it an issue with the electronic voice or something? I dunno. I just know that I constantly have this song stuck in my head so it was naturally the first one I wanted to do.

And yes, Too Many Heads is brilliant.
I should be doing something productive instead of coming up with a new signature.

Profpatsch

Quote from: 206-Ginge on September 26, 2012, 12:49:15 PM
I'm kind of confused by your statement aout Poni1Kenobi's cover being easier to sing, since it's actually faster IIRC. Is it an issue with the electronic voice or something?

Yeah, I think it's a tad faster, the thing is it is intended to be sung by a normal voice, so it may sound better when sung as karaoke.

By the way, you should contact H8_Seed and ask for real karaoke files (lossless, if possible) if you are serious about this.

Ginge

Renard

Awoken is indeed quite a challenge. If you feel it's driving you crazy, the best thing is often to just take a few steps back - often, working on something else frees the mind and allows you to come back at what you were doing before with more efficiency / less stress. Don't throw away what you started, even if you didn't complete it :P

BTW, did you update the Heartstrings file or was that just about your post?

Ginge

Just the post. I do still need to add golden notes to Heartstrings, which I'll probably get around to doing tomorrow. I decided to work on some of the requests in my free time but all I'm really able to do without wasting a ton of battery power on my laptop has been editing lyrics for splits.