Previous topic - Next topic

Lardon

I know we're supposed to focus on S1, but this song is so AWESOME ! ;D

Lardon

Done. See ? Top priority. ;D

- edited link -

Renard

Reviewed it. :D
Well, without actually trying to sing it yet.

It seems just too perfect to be true! Timing is top-notch.

Lardon

Spent all evening on this one...

Actually, I've been working on it since you told me not to... Silly me. ::)

Renard

CaptainComedy sent me his proper (temp) MP3 rip of this song. This is the file we'll use for all timings.
I updated it in the Dropbox; lyrics are now a tiny bit off-sync, but that will be easy to fix.

I also added the background video. Still can't believe I managed to cram it with a 720p resolution in a relatively small 30Mb file, while keeping a decent quality and perfect lipsync. Gotta thank the KDEnlive dev's some day.

This song is now only missing a CD artwork and a static 1080p wallpaper.

Renard

Lardon

Resynced, corrected one note by half a tone, added two appogiaturas. Sounds perfect now.

Renard

Seeing your result screens of these songs, I can only assess that you're a faaaaaaaaaar better singer than I am. :P

Lardon

People seem to consider your file to be pretty accurate if somepony can hit an Ultrastar rank. So if you can score over 9000, your file is good.

Problem : this aria is actually quite tricky, just like Winter Wrap Up !

Singing alone on a song written for 2 singers or more is difficult, especially in the transitions. The hardest transition in this aria is probably the "we must escape" one. Even if you're not out of breath after Chrysalis' veeeeerrrrryyyyy looooong steaaaaadyyyyyy notes, you've got to keep up the pace with Cadence's rythm.   :(

This song is way more difficult than the Cutie Mark Crusaders. :-\

Cutie Mark Crusader :
8660 on the first try. (2nd time ever on Ultrastar. ;D )
9210 on the second try.

Cadence Aria :
Completed 15+ times.
Around 8500-9000 in easy. Twice over 9000.
Around 7500-8000 in Medium.
One try in hard. Below 5k. Blame the mic ! ;D

Renard

And the Cutie Mark Crusaders song was designed to be "cheesy '80s with 3 out of tune soloists."

I'ill definitely work on This Day Aria to split it into a Duet Mode track, since it's worthy a lot. But that's still non-standard and will only work in UltraStar Challenge Mod (unstable) and Vocaluxe. That format needs some clarification before trying that.

Also, I'd really want to release a Season 1 full pack before moving to the amazing S2 songs. :P

kokairu

Ironed out the overlaps on this one too :)

Renard

I think I owe all of you a beer. Or something. :D
Did you update the files in the Dropbox already (apparently yes, just making sure)?

kokairu

I did yes - I just updated the .txt and not the .txt~ files - hope this was the right thing to do?

Renard

Yes, perfect.

The -~ files are just automatically-generated backups created by my text editor, and should be ignored (and deleted before the final release).