[S4E09] Apples to the Core

Started by PsychicWalnut, July 23, 2013, 05:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicWalnut

Ok, I guess we can start preliminary work on this one...
Sources are from a camera rip, so we will need to replace these later.

MP3: Audio
MP4: Video

Song starts at 2min 4sec

Marioland1

Seems like a worthwhile venture, especially with the singing prowess of Big Macintosh.  He's needed something more to say for a while, and this is just the perfect way to get it to work.  Pinkie Pie will prove to be a surprise though, and it leaves me theorising about the upcoming season.

Smilley

Psychic, are you working on the song, or did you just put up the sources for someone else?
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

PsychicWalnut

I have no skill at all with making the notes file.

I put up the low-quality audio/video as a reference for anyone to use. (until I get my hands on a better source)

Marioland1

This is probably best put off until there's actually a finished version of the song anyways.  Far fewer cheering crowd members then, not to mention better quality video than the storyboards.  Regardless, it'll be one to look forwards to.

Smilley

We've done the same thing with Failure and Ballad of the Crystal Empire back when they were the Season 3 teasers. That way, we only have small editing and gap adjustments to do once the final versions roll along. Anyway, have fun!

Marioland1

Mordigant

The song is official now!  Let's get this rolling!

PsychicWalnut

Just waiting on the HQ release for solid audio and video.

If current patterns hold, Audio and Video should be ready by Monday.

Marioland1

That would be nice.  This song is catchy.  Besides, it's proof that the Apples have some serious dance moves, even while lugging a massive cart loaded with far more stuff than anyone needs for a single road trip (stuff that Big Mac said was necessary, but never actually used if I may add).  Applebloom might be the one to get a dancing cutie mark, not Scootaloo.

PsychicWalnut

Yay!  I finished the audio files.

The only thing I didn't like was that ALL the singing was in center channel... Even when they were backup singers.
So... I decided to leave in the chorus audio in the instrumental versions.  I think it still sounds quite good.

As usual, 3 versions of the audio.  Full, Instrumental, and a Pitch Reference(vocal-only track).

Grab em from my sta.sh

Renard

Smilley

Synced the notes to the new audio and did a bit of polishing. Once we have the new video file, I'll upload it.

Renard

I'm on it!

EDIT: video available.

Smilley