Let's Go And Meet The Bronies (Jananimations)

Started by River Road, August 08, 2013, 12:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Road

Frankly, I am surprised that I couldn't seem to find this one anywhere in the forum, even just as a suggestion.

I'm even more surprised that after more than six months I still can't find the complete lyrics to that song anywhere on the internet; So, sorry that those are missing.

Still, someone must have been able to correctly get the whole lyrics and write them down, or at least find someone who did that.

Anyway, I thought that song and video at least deserved to be considered. Otherwise, love the game. Great work.

Marioland1

Although a very big credit to the brony fandom, a lot of the singing from this isn't really pitch-based (kind of like rap, which is very similar to just spoken words, just put to a rhythm).  It's simply not very usable for anything like this.

River Road

I'd say it is a lot more pitch-based than "Cerulean Blue", at least.
Oh well, I was just surprised that noone seemed to bring it up, and I couldn't let that injustice stand. There are a lot of other great songs being suggested here, and a lot of great songs that already made it into the game.

Smilley

Quote from: Marioland1 on August 08, 2013, 06:47:11 PM
Although a very big credit to the brony fandom, a lot of the singing from this isn't really pitch-based (kind of like rap, which is very similar to just spoken words, just put to a rhythm).  It's simply not very usable for anything like this.
Yes, that's pretty much why I didn't do it yet. But I guess if we have the "Greatest Rap Battles of Equestria", I have no excuse.
Actually, I already whipped up something with a low quality Youtube rip MP3. Now if somepony could get their hooves on a high quality audio and video source...

And I figured they did miss a group: us Gaming Bronies: from flash games, game mods and total conversions to whole independent gaming projects like Legends of Equestria or even the ill-fated MLP Online or Fighting Is Magic. I guess we fit in with the Creatives, but our work is neither exclusively music, art or fanfic.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Marioland1

To Cerulean Blue, I never really liked it, as it got dull too quickly and the words just blend together.  Simply put, it's boring when you just hang on one pitch for so long and then give a single high note, just to repeat it again.  I have no clue why my brother enjoys it so much, but it drives me mad sometimes.  At least it's clear what pitch the notes are (as if you couldn't tell after 13 beats of a repeated note).

However, the notes aren't really focused on a single pitch, unlike Cerulean Blue.  There are a ton of in-between half-pitches that can't be programmed in to the game, and to try to put a pitch to them would likely confuse the player (not to mention the creator).  If it would be made, it would have to be pitchless, like ERBoE: Iron Will Vs. Zecora.

Oh look.  Smilley replied while I was writing this.  I guess I should respond to him too, so he doesn't feel left out.

I think they were more or less generalizing on things when they described Creatives, not necessarily being completely thorough.  You see pony art and fanfiction all over the place, but the games are a rather small chunk of all of the Creative bronydom (compared to the amount of art and fanfiction that can be pumped out in a single day).

StarStep

Wow at all the dislike towards Cerulean Blue. It is one of my most played songs. I like it because its just a fun catchy song to sing.

As for this song, I don't think it was suggested before because it's very sectioned off and is not very catchy to just sing. It's good at what its intended purpose was, which is to just keep you entertained long enough to learn a few things but I can't imagine this being sung along to with great enthusiasm at a meetup like nearly every other song in the project.

Marioland1

You're entitled to like whatever songs you like, even if I find it flat, repetitive, and dull.  That's entirely me and me alone there.

I do agree with the rest of that.  It's nice in little doses, but it's really just a set of filler songs.

Smilley

Huh, guess I never did post this. Anyway, get it here. Only thing it's missing are a video and Golden Notes. Can anyone get a good video, maybe splice it together from the documentary?
Also, this marks the second song I didn't score over 9000 on before posting it. The first one was A Day With Prince - y'know, for the fact that I want to distance myself from that particular piece of work as much as possible, it comes up way too often.

Renard

Smilley

OwnCloud is acting a bit strange - it tells me every 5 seconds that it removed this folder from the WIP section; which happened 2 days ago...
Anyway, added a -0.1 Videogap, to fix the lipsync.