[SxExx] My Little Pony Main Theme

Started by Renard, June 19, 2012, 11:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

Done !

There's no background at all yet; work is being done to restore the official video (and remove its on-screen lyrics), since the source is a low-resolution interlaced VOB file.

Could someone give it a try? Thanks!

Renard

Found a 720p remake on Youtube and added it as the video background.

kokairu

I've never seen that video before, had to watch the song twice as I'd not been paying attention to the lyrics :D

Just fixed the occasional multi-syllable note but otherwise seems good :)

Renard

IIRC that's taken from a German DVD. The video did need a revamp for a lot of reason though, the one from the DVD did not quite cut it:
- Interlaced (trust me, that's ugly to look at in Ultrastar)
- Low resolution
- Burned-in karaoke subtitles conflicting with USDX's ones

Thanks for reviewing it!

EDIT: did you upload your changes? It seems the files are still the same in the shared folder.

kokairu

Can confirm that the changes are there on my end - as I say, there were only a couple of tiny changes to make.

Renard

Instrumental version, short version: starting gap issue
Short version: incomplete!

Smilley

Made a major revision of the extended theme. Several positions and pitches were pretty far off. I also tried to overlap the background (My Little Pony) lines better. It works well on USDX, but I guess it could look awkward on Performous. Could somepony check that for me?
I'm also not sure about the second "We'll make it special everytime" line. Several people sing and they all seem to follow different pitches.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Smilley

Smilley

Just checked it, the Full version doesn't start at all with Performous. I'll rework it to have two versions.
EDIT: Seems it's a problem with the MP3. Or something. I don't get it, but the old version doesn't work, either.
Anyway, fixed a faulty linebreak. The other "incorrect" breaks are intended.

Renard

Checking it

Okay. The song does start in Performous, which doesn't report any issue in the console. Both the MP3 and video files seem fine. However, the software crashes when the first "Friendship is magic" line appear with this error:
FATAL ERROR: Empty sentence
Investigating

Renard

Can't find any issue...
The MP3 is fine. It's definitely hidden somewhere in the TXT - but I couldn't see anything wrong with the file, even when opening it in a hex editor.

Renard

Thanks to #performous, that issue is fixed!

Quote<Yoda--> F 214 34 2 (My Little Pony)
<Yoda--> this line probably cause the problem, one single note, freestyle
<Yoda--> but cannot yet understand why
<Renard> removed it, trying
<Renard> Crash
<Renard> I think it's going a bit further
<Renard> removing all these lines
<Renard> No crash
<Yoda--> do the same with a "normal" note
<Yoda--> ok, so performous crash when a sentense is only one syllable
<Renard> Performous might be confused - trying to render a "long" freestyle note with spaces
<Yoda--> Renard, it's more a logic problem when computing the sentence length
<Yoda--> performous believe that the sentence is empty because the computation is not well done I think (begin/end of the sentence)
<Renard> Song ended with no crash (freestyle sentences removed)
<Yoda--> quick possible fix : render the freestyle on 2 consecutives notes
<Yoda--> should fix the problem
<Renard> or just remove those lines
<Renard> They're intended to be sung by a chorus anyway, not by the lead singer
<Yoda--> oh found
<Yoda--> the previous end of sentence is too far away

Removed the faulty lines.

Smilley

That's probably for the best.
Anyway, the song still won't load for me. The error message in the command line reads:
[mp3 @ 09881c40]header missing (twice)
FFMPEG error: cannot decode audio frame

The song plays fine on the preview. When I remove the mp3, the text plays normally.
I'm running Performous 0.61 on WinXP.

Also, I think I know what the other problem was: the freestyle notes started before the actual linebreak. I did that to overlap the freestyle note with the sung one. So technically, there is no note that starts during that sentence. Works as intended on USDX, but appearantly crashes Performous.
Now we know. And knowing's half the battle.

PsychicWalnut

Ok, I wasn't able to find an instrumental of the "Mane Theme" (short version), so I made one.

This one was a bit tricky, since there was a Celestia-forsaken delayed echo in the middle of the song that made it horrid to sing to.
I did manage to fix it by doing a minor remix using part of the ending theme.  ;D

Here is a link to the instrumental .mp3 and .txt that I made.  (It seems OK to me, but might need some fine-tuning on the timing)

http://sta.sh/2ux9b74glaa

Renard

Ooh, thanks! I'll add that to the release.

sleumas2000

Do we also want to add the 'Remastered Version' of the Theme tune (S2 onwards)
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

I don't think it's particularly nessessary. Neither the text nor the pitching have changed between versions. If there's a big demand for it, sure, but from the gameplay perspective, it would just be a duplicate.

sleumas2000

Top of the day to you!

PsychicWalnut

This was the closest topic for it... so time to necro the thread.

My skills have improved enough to where I was able to make a decent instrumental of the theme (full version).
mp3 is on the cloud.

sleumas2000

Quote from: PsychicWalnut on April 17, 2015, 01:20:45 PM
This was the closest topic for it... so time to necro the thread.

My skills have improved enough to where I was able to make a decent instrumental of the theme (full version).
mp3 is on the cloud.
Yeah!!!!!
Top of the day to you!