[S1E17] Hush Now Quiet Now

Started by Lardon, July 05, 2012, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lardon

Lardon

Done, checked (9400+), uploaded. ;)

Since the song starts immediately, you may want to add a 1-2s rest at the beginning.

Renard

(Err, I can't find it in the Dropbox share)

Quote from: Lardon on July 05, 2012, 07:54:40 PMSince the song starts immediately, you may want to add a 1-2s rest at the beginning.

I'd love to, but unfortunately that's not the way it's supposed to work; the karaoke software is supposed to handle this on its own. A bug report was made against UltraStar to add this feature, but I think the devs dismissed it (saying they did not know what to display during the delay at the beginning of the song). Performous, however, does insert a 2 second delay before every song, and displays the static background image for a while before the game actually starts.

... which also means that if you manually add a delay for USDX, you'll double it for Performous.

Since the song pack is supposed to be independent from whatever Singstar clone you'll want to use (and not tailored to Ultrastar specifically), I think it's better not to insert any additional delay manually and expect USDX to improve and add this feature in the future. Yeah, I acknowledge it's clunky.  :-\

Also, if we do insert a delay in the audio file, I'll also have to add one in the background video, in the instrumental track, and in the other languages...

Lardon

So, I guess it's as fine as it can be. ;D

Quote from: Renard on July 05, 2012, 08:19:00 PM(Err, I can't find it in the Dropbox share)

Forgot to launch Dropbox before copying. :-[

Uploading in progress. :)

PsychicWalnut

Minor error found.
The notes file will need to be updated.

The line "Tu Tu - Off to sleep" (which appears twice in the song)

should actually be "Drifting - Off to sleep"

Renard

Fixed. :)
Seems the video was missing too, added it back.