Question About Organising (Plus Issue with 1st line in a song)

Started by N-TG, November 05, 2013, 04:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-TG

(PS Sorry if I made this topic in the wrong place don't have anywhere else to put it :P )

If you don't know, I'm organizing Anime Karaoke Parties and events (With My Little Karaoke pack installed to for the after party :P ). A small problem I have is with the tracks. Since I have a huge database (around 1000-1300 songs) and I have to be able to find a song quickly based on the series and if it's opening 1 - 2 or ending 1 - 2 etc etc. All the songs come in a format of "Artist - Song title" and I change the folder name to "Anime - OP/ED - Artist - Song title (TV/Full) but I'm not able to track them in ultrastar. So what do I have to change to be able to find them by typing just the Anime Title.

Also since I want to make a small book for people to choose song I sit and create an Excel document with each song - artist - song name etc etc. Is there an easy way to do it? I'm using ultrastar Manager but I can't find a setting to suit the way I'm organizing them

Here's the previous list to give an example of how I'm organizing them https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlddoFQtfvQ6dFptZG5GNDJ0UU5NVXZmWkxoMkR1ZGc&usp=sharing

(Also not relevant but an issue. In some custom songs I make the first line doesn't go with the song, for the rest they work ok but the first doesn't have a karaoke effect :P )

Smilley

You can set USDX to sort by genre and edition. All MLK songs have the genre "Pony" and the edition "My Little Pony".
If you want to change a song's title, artist, album or genre, go to the "Songs" folder, search for your song, open the "notes.txt" file and edit the lines #TITLE, #ARTIST, #ALBUM (or add it if it isn't there) or #GENRE, respectively. The folder isn't relevant to the way USDX recognizes songs.
An easy way to search for songs is pressing "J" in the song selection menu. You can even set the filter to search for artists, titles or albums.
We have a comprehensive list of all our songs here, with the community songs having the format ARTIST: TITLE.

As for the error: you start the song on a negative beat count. Open the song in the USDX editor, select the first note, hold CTRL, ALT and SHIFT and press RIGHT until the number under "Start" reaches 0. After that, you need to adjust the gap (with 9 and 0 on the keypad, NOT numpad) until the notes sync up again. I recommend checking several notes, both long and short, if they match up.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

TobTukKumKamp

I thought about doing that, and when I started researching what it would take I found out it is actually a lot of work