[S2E09] Becoming popular

Started by Renard, July 12, 2012, 10:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

kokairu

Fixed a couple of note lengths

Smilley

Did some minor tweaks and pitch corrections.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

Check it. Timing and pitch both seem okay, but there's still quite a lot of clipping in the lyrics.

Smilley

I am painfully aware of that. Unfortunately, most linebreaks come at a 0 or 1 beat gap, and not having those breaks would often lead to cluttered text lines. I could reduce the number of clips by merging a few lines, but I personally like the pacing like this better.

Renard

How about doubling the BPM in to fit two beats during the breaks? Would that work?

Smilley

I tried it. I also edited it whereever possible to clip off a beat before or after the break. But at some breaks you just can't cut anything off, without butchering it. -.- I'll let you be the judge...

Renard

Instrumental version: starting gap issue

Smilley

Try it now. Damn is it much harder to sing without the original to go by. Still managed a 9180, so it's at least within 100 milliseconds.

StarStep

Hey so as I was testing out the beta I noticed some wrong lyrics in here.  It says "and the type of pony everypony should know" instead of I'm the type of pony everypony should know" a few times. So at notes 110, 332, 830, 1330, 1854 we need to change the "and" to "I'm"

I dont know how I've missed this before as I love singing this song. I just know it all by heart so I dont usually pay too much attention to the lyrics. I'll keep my eye out for anything else.

Renard

Thanks! This will be fixed in the final release :)

PsychicWalnut

I'm pretty sure there are spots in the song where "and" is the correct word... but I'll make a vocal track to check.

PsychicWalnut

I stand corrected.  Someone has a really good ear.

It turns out that any instance of "and the type of pony" should instead be "I'm the type of pony"

http://sta.sh/0270aq5hf6ku - Vocal Reference, so you can clearly hear the words.