Started by sleumas2000, September 13, 2014, 09:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleumas2000

Top of the day to you!

sleumas2000

Top of the day to you!

Smilley

Gave it a go. A few particular instances here:
- It's "You better believe". If you play it word for word, you can make out the "ou"
- It's "powerful and great~~", not "powerful and great, yeah yeah". You can hear the "t" at the very end.
- You seem to have a problem with long, extended notes on this one. It's easy to over- or undershoot those. My tip: on words with a definite ending consonant (the "v" in sleeve or the "t" in dominate), try to have a single beat with that in the note. That way, it's neither too long or too short. If it ends on a vowel, or you're still uncertain, you can create an additional note and slide it around until you hear the exact end of the word.
- By (I assume) copy-pasting the chorus, you missed that the last "See me dominate" has a vastly different pitch pattern. Honset mistake, and it happened to me with Swing Tavi Swing.
- The line "You're from the past" has a different pattern than those before, with the middle segment being higher, not lower.
- I rearranged the line "Don't look so sad and so dejected", though I'm still not 100% sure I got it right.

Put I put the fixes to the cloud folder.

EDIT: Changed for clarity
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

sleumas2000

Oops much - I am so sorry about the mistakes, I made it over a long time, whilst a lot of other stuff was happening and I was distracted. Thanks for going over it.
I just listened to 'Don't look so sad...'
and I think that the De of Dejected needs to be tone 3 (D#) instead of 2 (D)
Listen and tell me what you think - I'm not gonna correct it until  have someone-else's opinion on it though
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

For that line, I had 4/1/-3 for the word "dejected". I have a whole new angle, though. Try this line and see if it works better for you, too:

: 1915 5 4 Don't
: 1922 5 5  look
: 1929 6 5  so
: 1939 8 4  sad
: 1948 5 4  and
: 1955 6 2  so
: 1964 7 5  de
: 1972 6 4 jec
: 1980 17 -3 ted

And don't worry about mistakes. It's how we learn.
Progress is made when every mistake you make is a new one.

PsychicWalnut

I think maybe you guys could use a vocal reference file for this one...
It's not my best work, but pretty good considering the sources available.
At the very least, it should help with pitching and lyrics.

Tricks Up My Sleeve - Vocal Reference

Once I get my cloud access back, I'll try getting an instrumental up as well.

Smilley

Welcome back, Psychic! The problem is less with the audio track and more the fact that Trixie takes on a very pouty voice for that line. I'm half tempted to just fade it out.

BTW, could you make a vocal track for Welcome To The Show? The vocalization with all the overlapping voices will be the death of me otherwise.

PsychicWalnut

Yeah, I tried that... it doesn't work well, since I only have a stereo source to work with.  I can't do much with the 'chorus-like' songs at the moment.  I end up with a staticky metallic sounding track. (basically useless)

PsychicWalnut

Instrumental mp3 now on the cloud.
Not sure if this one will ever get better, as it was chopped up a bit in the movie.  Only time will tell.

ChiraChan

Do you guys have the HQ version from the soundtrack already?

(Are non-team members allowed to post here..?)

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: ChiraChan on November 04, 2014, 01:03:07 PM

I usually have such things within a couple hours of release... or a little longer if I'm asleep when it happens.
Although, when it comes to instrumental versions I prefer using 5.1 or better sources.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure you can post here.

UpdateNot enough of the song in the movie to make a better instrumental from it.

Renard

Quote from: ChiraChan on November 04, 2014, 01:03:07 PM(Are non-team members allowed to post here..?)
Of course!

Quote from: PsychicWalnut on November 04, 2014, 05:20:33 PMUpdateNot enough of the song in the movie to make a better instrumental from it.
Got the same issue for the bg music video. I could resort to a few tricks for the others, but have no idea how to deal with this one (and "Awesome As I Wanna Be") so far.

Smilley

Quote from: ChiraChan on November 04, 2014, 01:03:07 PM
Feedback by players is generally welcome and encouraged. We can't fix things if we don't know about the problem in the first place.
We've been using this version of the soundtrack to create these tracks. Unfortunately, the OST files are not as HQ as they could be.

Smilley

The files are missing the #BACKGROUND tag. Fix is on the cloud.