[S2E15] The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Started by Renard, August 06, 2012, 05:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renard

Smilley

Since nobody else is volunteering, I'll see what I can do about it. Expect freestyle for Flim's text, though.
EDIT: Urgh, it's just as thankless as I imagined it to be. I've got it to the start of the Granny Smith interlude, but I'm really exhausted right now. I'll finish and upload it tomorrow. It's got quite a few clippings, but given the rapid-fire nature of the song, that's pretty much inevitable.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Renard

I didn't realize at first how insane this one his. If you've made it to that point already, it's a REALLY impressive feat; heck, I don't even remember a single official Singstar song this dense (that's one of the reasons they invented the "rap meter", I believe!).

I'm pretty confident that A LOT of people will enjoy singing that, though. ;)

Smilley

Honestly, I don't. You simply cannot put a pitch on Flim's lines. It's like (for lack of a better word) rap. One can only pitch the random few lines Flam inserts here and there; and you might not be ready for those if you don't know the song very well.
And that leaves you with pretty much the chorus to really sing.
I've tried to pitch Granny's lines, but I gave up after 2 or 3 lines. My attempts are there under the fade, if someone wants to try later.
I'm at the last part, but I had a very busy day yesterday and today doesn't look that hot, either. I'll see that I get it done ASAP, though.

Smilley

Done! Finally!
EDIT: I'll do some linebreak editing soon.

Renard

Smilley

Done it. Also added Golden Notes and fixed the odd pitch.

Renard

Renard

Oh gosh that's just horrible to sing.

The file seems perfectly fine! :D
(my voice, on the other hand, isn't)

PsychicWalnut

I made a new version of the instrumental for this song.

http://sta.sh/242v5btqumf

In this new version, you sing as only the Flim Flam Brothers.

You no longer have to strain your voice to do the FOUR additional ponies. (Pinkie, Dash, AJ, and Granny).  Or the chorus, for that matter. Heck, I even threw in that *smeck* sound!
Included is a modified notes file to reflect the changes.

Overall, I think this makes the song much easier to sing.  Tell me what ya think.

Smilley

The voices other than Flim and Flam, except for the short chorus part, were unsung freestyle notes anyway. I like to include them, but I myself haven't been consistent about it - they are there in Find a Pet and Giggle at the Ghostly, but missing in Smile Smile Smile and At The Gala, so if you think they should be omitted from the text and added to the instrumental music track instead, I'm OK with it.

PsychicWalnut

I didn't think is was quite fair to get graded on a chorus line right after you bust out a long note.

Sometimes singers need all the help they can get.
So we may as well give them a chance to breathe during the song... right?

Typically in karaoke you sing all the words that show up on the screen...
...with the exception of "Instrumental Break", but I've witnessed a few people sing that line too! ;D

Smilley

Freestyle notes are mostly flavor, and unless you use Performous aren't worth points; and even then it's not much. And in this case, you have Flim's "What d'you say, sister?" line between the brothers' last note and the chorus' first line to catch your breath.
Personally, I only read the freestyle text out loud when it's convenient; with this song, I tend to bail out when Flim's explaining the cider press mechanism. But then again, I'm so used to subtitles from watching subbed anime...

PsychicWalnut

I'm really curious about how you find the notes to sing at.  It's just not in my skill set.

When you search out the notes, do you try to grab them from the full audio, or did you have a vocal-only reference track?
(Ya know... center channel from 5.1)

Smilley

I would be so lucky to have a vocal-only track. No, I use the full audio and pretty much go by ear. If you really want to know, take a look at the song-making tutorial in my sig.

PsychicWalnut

Wow!   :o
From the full audio... That is impressive.  8) 

Well, for the songs in future episodes, I'm gonna have to provide some vocal-only tracks to help with the note finding... as soon as a 5.1 source becomes available, that is.

BTW, if you ever want to revisit older songs, just let me know.  I think I have all the current episodes in 5.1

Renard

A few released song pack from S1 and S2 (made by CaptainComedy) included vocals-only tracks. We used to have them on OwnCloud, but didn't really use them. I still have them on my local machine.

PsychicWalnut

Bug

video.mp4 file is missing from folder.

(I'm sure I've got a backup somewhere, if it's needed)

Renard

Oooh, I should have noticed that. Might be caused by me being distracted when cleaning up OwnCloud.

Added the video back in.

blackwolverine2

Okay, many of the lyrics in this one are incorrect.

"And the key that they need to solve" should be "THAT the key that they need to solve"

"In this great new world" should be "In this BIG new world"

"Oh we got opportunity" should be "Oh WE'VE got opportunity"

"Blow your horses up" should be "Blow your HORSESHOES OFF"

"brought that up See," should be "brought that up YOU see,"