[EQG2] Welcome To The Show

Started by Smilley, October 14, 2014, 08:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilley

Started working on it. I think I'll skip on the second vocalization. It's just too chaotic, with multiple voices vying for dominance.
It's quite a doozy, anyway.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Smilley

Aaand done! Actually, it's been done for a while, I just forgot to post about it here.

Smilley

Added a video courtesy of mrx1983 over at Bronies.de.

sleumas2000

Quote from: Smilley on October 20, 2014, 07:30:44 PM
Added a video courtesy of mrx1983 over at Bronies.de.
Is it time-adjusted to match the gaps in the audio files etc.
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

Renard

Re-did the video with a better source. This also allowed me to frame-adjust the video (a few lone frames appeared in a flash in the previous one), and means the TV watermark no longer stain the picture.

This took me wayyy longer than expected; I made a few dirty cuts and used a few tricks to keep the story somewhat intact. Hopefully that will do!

PsychicWalnut

Hope it's not too late... but I managed to work out a good quality instrumental track.

It is sync'd up with the existing full track.  It should be on the cloud now.

Renard

There's some sort of weird vibrato (in the fainted voice) in the background at approximately ~00:40 to 01:00 :P

PsychicWalnut

Yeah... it's part of the music... it's even in the OST version if you listen closely.

Renard

Indeed. Never really noticed it, but now I can't un-hear it. Strange stuff, I doubt it was intentional (it seems that the intended effect was a bit of panning, did a stem failed during mastering/rendering?) - oh well, that settles it then :)

Smilley

I had an idea floating in my head. Could one of you make an MP3 of this video and edit it so that the first vocalization syncs up with our file? I don't need it in any high quality, it's just that in this version Adagio's voice is much more pronounced, and I could use it to improve the timing and pitching on the "Ah-Ah" part.

Renard

Uploaded that to /Limbo.

The temp files are
- welcome-mix.mp3 : stereo (left = from that YT clip, right = from MLK)
- welcomenew.mp3 : single track, taken from the YT clip

Smilley

After listening to it like this, I got a bit of insight: the part at the beginning of the Youtube version is actually the part after "Your time is running out" in the OST. The part that I didn't pitch at all, because it was so jumbled. Could you sync that part of the song up with the OST-version? I only need that small part, the first 57 seconds can be blank.

Renard

Yep! Added the files. Probably a few ms of lag between the two tracks, but shouldn't be noticeable in-game.