The typos (and other quick fixes) thread

Started by Renard, December 27, 2013, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeBrony

Mirai Start : sing follows sometimes the BG vocals on "shiawase ga" "utai dasu" and "hajimete no, waku waku ni, tomadori no medori" and on the second chorus.

Renard

icefireboltking

Let's go meet the bronys has no notes to sing too.

Smilley

Yeah, that's kinda intended. John de Lancie doesn't sing as much as speak in rhythm. It couldn't be pitched without it being horribly awkward. The same with Glass Of Water or Flim's part in the Flim Flam brothers' songs.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Diponi

New release starts here (AC2) - Renard

Sombra's Door: Background file extension is wrong. Somehow. I could swear the last time I played it the background was fine.

Princess of the Night: Needs #VIDEOGAP:0.87 to match the updated mp3. Also "freight"→"fright" on line 2.

StarStep

All levels at Once, Pony should Pony Pony.  The word out is missing. It sounds like it starts at
:149 2 20  out
with 'the' being right after at
:151 1 20  the

Then there should be a second one at
: 1461 3 20  out
: 1464 1 20  the

SomeBrony

Trixie (Forest Rain) : unnecessary lyrics repeat (Trixie~) at the very end of the song.

Renard

Quote from: Smilley on July 03, 2014, 08:30:51 PM
May I ask who did the editing for the new audio? The added extended notes (the <<<<<<<<< ones) are really distracting. Not only is it different from everything we have used before, it massively breaks the flow of the text. Also, would it have been too much to ask to keep a consistent style within the song? I'm personally not too fond of the ~ style, but I'll keep it on any files I do QA on.

Renard

Friendship Is Magic In The Town Of Ponyville
Quote from: SmilleyWith this big skip in audio and video, the first few seconds of the video get screwed up a bit. Could someone edit it so we don't have to use the #START tag?

Renard

Typos/errors in "Apples to the Core":
- "more fun then" → than
- "cliché" → bad encoding on "é"

sleumas2000

Top of the day to you!

sleumas2000

Ballad of the Crystal Empire
and Make a Wish
both had a few small small errors in pitching. (Fixed Now)

Crystal empire also needs a little work on timing, but my laptop is being so slow right now that I don't trust it to get the clicks in time.
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

You're right. I can't believe how sloppy I was on Crystal Empire. Guess it's a good thing if someone goes through the old stuff, too. I might give Smile a once-over, too, while I'm at it.

sleumas2000

Right, that's my new project.
Imma go through the old songs, one by one (Official first, then Community, starting at A), and check them for errors.
(I am a very fussy person, so I'll try and correct every error I see.)
I'll make a new thread, where I post my fixes. (also, Love me cheerilee is HORRENDOUS. I'm pretty much remapping it right now. - It's a marvel it passed QA?)
Top of the day to you!

Smilley

Both files on A Friend For Life have the wrong filename for the background image (.jpg instead of .png), resulting in an empty background for the instrumental - for both if you deactivate videos.

sleumas2000

Quote from: Smilley on October 02, 2014, 10:03:58 AM
Both files on A Friend For Life have the wrong filename for the background image (.jpg instead of .png), resulting in an empty background for the instrumental - for both if you deactivate videos.
Fixed
Top of the day to you!

Diponi

Fixed:
- Princess of the Night: Video was out of sync and had black screen at beginning. It's a short video, so I thought it best to re-do it. Corrected "freight" → "fright".
- Sombra's Door: Doubled BPM. Corrected BG filename, removed text from BG and added it to cover. Cut a few seconds of silence from mp3 start and end (losslessly). Corrected "I've never have" → "I never have".
- The Super Duper Party Pony: Fixed encoding problem at "piñatas".
- Added #EDITION tag to Fluttershys.

Not fixed:
- Luna (Alt Mode): the instrumental needs exactly 1000 ms smaller gap. Didn't fix, because the song could also use general improvement.

Renard

Sombra's Door:
Quote from:    ChiraChanSpeaking of the original, I can't seem to find the forum post of it, neither in the Feedback nor in the WIP section. The track/lyrics, whatever you call it, starts way too early and doesn't line up to the actual singing at all, a fix for that would be appreciated.

Fix uploaded (as a gap fix: #GAP:27217). The mp3 file still has some silence at the beginning, so I'm guess the incorrect version of it has been used.

Diponi

Quote from: Renard on February 04, 2015, 07:26:09 PMFix uploaded (as a gap fix: #GAP:27217). The mp3 file still has some silence at the beginning, so I'm guess the incorrect version of it has been used.
Yeah, I did cut a couple seconds of silence from the song beginning, but apparently the new mp3 didn't make it to the update. I thought that a better solution than using a #START tag.

List of small changes (uploaded to cloud):

• 22 Feb: Background of 4everfreebrony - Three's a Team was corrupted.
  • 16 Mar: Reworked StormWolf's The Beginning of Order. (not really a quick fix but nvm) Also converted the audio files to CBR.
  • 18 Mar: Added golden notes to SlyphStorm's Soldiers of the Night.

Renard

I'm surprised re: corrupted bg, btw. Never had the issue on any on my systems while testing, be it on Windows or Linux. No idea what happened here.