Help and tips on karaoke making

Started by jrrhack1, December 01, 2013, 02:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrrhack1

Hello this is my very first post in this forums, I have come to this place because aI simply love the whole My little Karaoke project.
I am using Yass to sync and create karaoke music for My little Karaoke, but I am having serious trouble making the melody part. I seem to be unable to distinguish correctly the correct tones for it.

Does anyone know how to figure out an easier way to make the melody part? Is there any way to graphically draw tones from the original singer that I can copy to the karaoke file?

Renard

Your best bet is to have a piano sheet or .midi file available, if it shows the lyrics score :P
But it's mostly trial and error, and repeating parts of a given song till it all sounds right. Having a (virtual) piano keyboard, such as the one in YASS, helps greatly in this task - it makes it easier to track possible dissonances.

I use a mixture of two options:

• Composer tries to give you hints based on frequencies, but it's not really a reliable way (it does help, though!).
  • QPitch detects a pitch on your current microphone input, allowing to sing along a song and jot down notes. This is for Linux, but there should be Windows and Mac alternatives to this kind of software.

jrrhack1