FritzyBeat hugs Sim Gretina - Neigh Anything (feat. Melody Note)

Started by ShTHfan1, May 01, 2016, 10:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbowderpy

you might have to put a single-colored or partly transparent color over the lyrics in the video so that lyrics of mlk are better readable.
or try to find a version of the video without lyrics directly in the video

ShTHfan1

Quote from: rainbowderpy on May 01, 2016, 10:52:47 PM
you might have to put a single-colored or partly transparent color over the lyrics in the video so that lyrics of mlk are better readable.
or try to find a version of the video without lyrics directly in the video

Hmm... That's a good point. I'll see what I can do!

Renard

I can put a white mask in front of that, will have to test how things turn out :)

ShTHfan1

Interestingly enough, I happened to get daspacepony working on it. And I don't think the white mask thing will work anyway, considering the box disappears and reappears twice. 1:50 would be especially problematic, considering the lyric comes in while the box is still reappearing. A mask there would be almost impossible, considering there's also some subtle transparency going on at the same time. It may take some time, but once I get it, I'll put it on the OwnCloud.

ShTHfan1

Got the video without subtitles. It will be on the OwnCloud shortly.

EDIT: The file's pretty big so it might take a while...

Renard

Checked the video - it seems it has a lot of artifacts / macroblocks despite the increased size. Is it only on my side?
There might be a possibility of "fixing" this by using the Youtube video (keep the top part) and merging it with that version (bottom part); with a bit of luck, it could be seamless.

ShTHfan1

Quote from: Renard on May 13, 2016, 11:21:21 AM
Checked the video - it seems it has a lot of artifacts / macroblocks despite the increased size. Is it only on my side?
There might be a possibility of "fixing" this by using the Youtube video (keep the top part) and merging it with that version (bottom part); with a bit of luck, it could be seamless.

Hmm... Yeah, I can see it, too. The original file was a .mov file, but it's in there too, so I don't think using that's gonna help.

If you're gonna do that, it should be an easy fix. The part of the altered version you'd use is literally everything that's covered by the lyric box, so it wouldn't be too noticeable at all. But I can't do it because I have literally no movie editing software (Windows Movie Maker; that's it), so someone else would have to.

Renard

I gave it a try, but unfortunately the tearing between the two videos is way too apparent.

ShTHfan1

Quote from: Renard on May 15, 2016, 08:59:23 PM
I gave it a try, but unfortunately the tearing between the two videos is way too apparent.

Huh... Let me check and see if it's possible to get a higher quality video from him...

rainbowderpy

Renard apparently was too impatient :D song is released already. but better version would still be good - we could put it in the next version-package.

ShTHfan1

Okay, so here's the thing... I got the file almost immediately but it's over 2GB.

EDIT: After looking through the video files in the game, it looks like sound isn't important. I'm going to see if removing it will help shorten the file size.

rainbowderpy

Plesse download and install ffmpegyag from sourceforge, open it, click on add tasks and select the 2gb file, as format set mp4 with codec libx264 bitrate 2000k framesize 1280x720 aspect ratio no change, deselect any audio stream and then click encode. Then upload the result to the yaycloud

ShTHfan1

Okay, I did exactly that and it's done converting it, but it's frozen and the video file is still 0KB. What do I do?

rainbowderpy

Kill it using task manager and retry? It should start encoding immediately and show progress in the bottom right status bar.

ShTHfan1

Do I have an outdated version or something? The bottom-right corner shows the time elapsed.

ShTHfan1

Okay, ffmpegyag wasn't working, so I went with VLC instead, and it turned out pretty well.