Equestria Girls (Movie)

Started by PsychicWalnut, June 17, 2013, 09:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicWalnut

** SPOILER-FREE **
I don't know if I'm just starved for new MLP, or if the movie/extra-long-episode was really good.

In any case, I really liked it.  There were a few songs in there... forgot to count how many. 
I might have to go watch it again just to count...  (Yeah... that's why I'll see it again... to count the songs.)

While the movie wasn't as fluid as a normal episode and it seemed a bit rushed, it did have all the elements of the show that I love.

If you are a fan of the show, (which you likely are if you are reading this) just think of it as another episode.  It is not truly a spin-off like most of us originally thought.

Man, it was nice watching it with a bunch of other Bronies...

Edit: Oh!  I forgot to mention... once the credits were done, we wanted more.  So we all started singing "Smile, Smile, Smile!"

Profpatsch

What about all the little girls and parents in the cinema? :D

PsychicWalnut

Quote from: Profpatsch on June 18, 2013, 12:29:14 PM
What about all the little girls and parents in the cinema? :D

Oh... the parents just wanted to leave as soon as the credits ran... so only about two thirds of those in the theater remained.

Profpatsch

I imagine you had lots of laughing etc. going on while the movie still ran.
And how did they look at you when you came in?

Man, I need some taped material of this. ;)

PsychicWalnut

Yeah, tons of laughs.  Twilight was just soooo adorkable.  Not a lot of kid chatter though... Bronies easily outnumbered the kids.

I was expecting a bunch of the parents to stare at me...
I came in early and alone.  I'm not exactly young... mid 30's.

But everyone was friendly and talkative.  Some of the parents even got a quick lesson on the Brony culture when they were swiftly outnumbered in the line.

Someone even gave me my very first piece of pony merch... a pair of Sweetie Belle trading cards.

SR

Quote from: Psychic Walnut on June 19, 2013, 10:04:38 AM
Someone even gave me my very first piece of pony merch... a pair of Sweetie Belle trading cards.

Wait, what?  You mean your living space isn't already bedecked in all the colors of the rainbow (and twilight, and um....  pinkie pie)?

I'm looking forward to seeing the moving on June 30th.  I'll be just as awkward as you (mid 30's myself, here), though I think we've had around 87 local bronies already RSVP for the event--  at this rate it's doubtful there will be unsold tickets left for the actual target demographic.  :/

PsychicWalnut

Yeah...

no job right now = no pony merch

I try to make up for it by bringing out my inner Rarity... and give to the community.  That meant, free vectors on DeviantArt and now I contribute here too.

Profpatsch

Just don't forget to search for a new job while thriving in all the pony. :D

CraftByte

If anyone still doesn't know the movie has been leaked.
VIDEO:

PsychicWalnut

Not exactly leaked... it was being sold on Blu-Ray at San Diego Comic Con this last weekend.