Problem with Karaoke in General (Microphone related)

Started by N-TG, February 16, 2013, 03:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-TG

I have a small problem with the sound when I try to sing. I sing in the proper time, it's registered in the right time and I get the proper amount of points but my voice when I hear it from the headphones it has a small delay 0.8-1.4 seconds. How can I fix this?

I use the Singstar mics from the PS2 games. Windows 7

Smilley

I generally turn off (or at least tune down) playback of my own voice because of that. Even though a delay of over a second is way too much either way. What program are you using?
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

N-TG

Smilley

I'm using the PS2 Singstar mic as well, so that's not the issue. Since you're using Win7, unless you run it on a netbook or something, you should have more than enough processing power for USDX to handle everything.
A quick scan of the USDX technical issues board revealed nothing helpful. A few others had that problem and seemingly worked around it by muting the playback in-game (under Tools->Options->Sound->Microphone playback) and using a 3rd party playback software.

N-TG

Yeah, I found out that if I mute the mic in Ultrastar Deluxe and using the windows one it will be a bit faster. Is there a 3rd party program that I can use so I can make that even faster?

Smilley

I've seen "Audio Repeater" being mentioned, but I haven't tried it myself, so I can't vouch for it.

N-TG

FOUND IT DOWNLOADED IT, SAW TUTORIAL AND YES!!! NO MORE DELAYS!!! YES YES YES. THANKS!!!

Renard

There may be quite a lot of reasons why you're experiencing audio lag; a loopback feed isn't trivial to handle (especially nowadays with flat-panel displays [video lag] and audio sinks) and Windows doesn't really have a realtime kernel iirc.

Even Singstar on PS2/PS3 is sometimes affected depending on the video/sound setup.

Glad you found a solution to this issue ;)

Profpatsch

On our party I used % pactl enable-module module-loopback (for the first few songs at least. ;)) and had a delay of about 50–100ms on my crappy laptop soundcard with the Ultrastar mics.
But the quality of the voices kind of forced me to shut it off after a while. :D

N-TG

My standar PC is a 6 Core, with the Virtual Audio Cable I managed to lower it to 50ms with a good audio, a bit of echo since I was in my room and the mic was too close to the sound. Hope in the store (Since I want to do a Karaoke party with anime and ponies :D ) it won't get the echo and manage to raise the singing voice a biiiit higher that the song without getting weird results.

Renard

Profpatsch

Haven't got pictures yet, but will post once ready. (Last time I skipped that, too :) ).
To be exact, there is going to be a video of that. There is one from half a year ago, too.

Plus: We tried ourselves at Lullaby For a Princess and failed miserably. And basically ruined it for people who didn't know it yet. :D