Game no longer loads after Additional Content install?

Started by Iseniagaming, December 26, 2013, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iseniagaming

I am at a loss to understand exactly what has happened here. I had recently installed the additional content from the ISO provided. The installation went smoothly and it said I could now play the game. However, after restarting my computer, I find that the game never moves past the initial loading screen. Sometimes it simply stays there for all eternity unless I close it manually, and other times Windows informs me that ultrastardx has stopped responding.

I am unsure how to proceed in fixing this. Did I do something wrong in the updates maybe?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Smilley

TRy copying this executable into your My Little Karaoke folder.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Iseniagaming

Copied it into the game folder, replaced the original, but the same problem seems to occur. I might just try reinstalling the game and manually updating it with the additional content again, see if that fixes the issue.

Renard

Hello!

You can also try running the "Theme Fix" found on this page: http://www.mylittlekaraoke.com/index.php?pages/Extras
This resets your configuration to default settings (while keeping scoreboards intact). If it's a config issue, it might solve it.

Iseniagaming

Iseniagaming

I'm going to assume something went wrong during the update somewhere, human error on my part or unavoidable computer buggyness because computers SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK and we should all stop playing with them because it is devolving us all into NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS.

Who am I kidding. I love computers. BUT

Reinstalling now. Hopefully this will fix the problemo.

Smilley

First, try just installing the standard pack. If that works, copy the Songs and Theme folder from the Additional Content DVD/image to your MLK folder. That's the most important part of the new content. If that's what causes the error, you might have a RAM hardware issue.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!