Just found update packs. Need help!

Started by MUCKSTER, May 30, 2014, 04:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUCKSTER

Hey my friends and I used to play this a lot and I just found the update.  I installed the first fine so I know im not doing anything grossly wrong but when I boot up the 2nd disk it freezes up and windows closes the program.  I see the red text and i allowed it to sit a while and I think windows is screwing the install.  Any suggestions?

PsychicWalnut

Are you installing from a physical disc, or are you loading the image into some type of drive emulator?

MUCKSTER

yayponies-eu

MUCKSTER

Just tried that.  Im gonna re download and try again.  Probably should have done that first...

MUCKSTER

Ok so redownload same thing... Any other suggestions?

Smilley

Can you open the disk manually, without the autorun?
If so, check if the "Songs" folder there is 2.48 GB. That means at least everything's in there.
Go to your MLK folder on the HD and rightclick on your Songs folder. Open Properties, look for Attributes and uncheck "Read only".
When that's finished, copy the one from the disk to your HD and overwrite everything. After that, do the "Read only" thing again.
If you want some snazzy updated visuals, do the same thing with the Theme folder - it should be 28,6 MB on the disk.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

yayponies-eu

When the connection you have is kinda unreliable, it may be a great idea to use Bittorrent instead, it does check the file against corruption, and if it happen, it can redownload small pieces of the file, instead of 3GB.