Where are my songs???

Started by mackdizzy, January 13, 2015, 10:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackdizzy

So, After being VERY excited to finally get this game, I downloaded it with a bit of trouble and FINALLY get it working, only to find that I have a VERY limited song choice! All the songs I'm getting are fan made or from Equestria girls-I'm pretty sure I downloaded every update. A bit of help on that?

Smilley

You need to install every ISO in succession: the main game first, then Additional Contents 1, 2 and 3. If it still didn't work, copy the "Songs" folder of every ISO to your My Little Karaoke folder, always updating everything. Again, this needs to be done in order.
Between ISOs, you might need to turn off the Read Only tag on the folder on your HDD - for Windows rightclick, go to Properties, search for Attributes and disable Read Only. If done right - and your downloads worked - you should have 505 tracks.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

mackdizzy

Yes, Thank you for all your help and sorry for not responding for long, I gave up on the game for awhile! I'm in the middle of downloading everything again-I'm using direct download, I'm wondering if maybe a different download style will help? The songs look to be already in ym song folder, they are just unaccessable in the game itself.

Smilley

I'd recommend torrent. We've had other people having trouble with direct downloads, though the strain on the server shouldn't be that bad nowadays.
If/when everything works out, don't forget to grab the Beta channel update for access to the leaderboard and unreleased songs.

mackdizzy

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I'll check Torrent out immediately.

mackdizzy

So, I downloaded everything through torrent and am still having the same problems. Do you think that theres anything else I could feasibly do, or should I just give up, download the beta maybe?

Renard

Open the .iso file using whatever file explorer (or mount it, or WinRAR/7zip/etc) and check if the songs show up correctly in the /songs folder. Also, check on your computer if they copied over correctly (in your installation directory, which you can also access through the launcher in Updates → Open Song Folder). Are they all here? Does each song folder contain the actual music files (mp3, lyrics)? If not, try to copy the songs manually from the .iso to your local installation, and launch the game again - do they appear?

Smilley

I'm not giving up, yet.
First, check your "Songs" folder. It should be around 8,7 GB in size.
If that doesn't match up, check the hashtags of your .iso files with the hashes and the program provided at the bottom of the Download-page.
If those match up, you can always grab the "Songs" folders from the .iso-s and copy them to your MLK-folder. Be sure to do it in order, though (MLK-SIM2, AC1, AC2 and AC3), and to deactivate Read Only (rightclick on the folder -> Properties -> Main) after each copy.

The Beta update should do nothing to your song selection, initially.

Thesilverwaffle

I had the same problem... Download the addons it will give u more songs.