Score updating bug

Started by Goliathe, April 30, 2015, 02:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goliathe

This is not really a huge problem, but taking 30 minutes to update the rest of the scores can be quite annoying.
As you can see in the video, when I come across song #346 in the list, the whole thing crashes, and a message error appears saying the access to that file is denied.

The song seems to be "Forest Rain feat. Decibelle - Great to be Different (Duet)(Intrumental)"

Skip to 2:48 for the actual bug.
Sorry for 1:52-2:26, my computer was being a jerk while recording (my mouse was derping as well). Couldn't get high quality recording, neither.
Now the sunrise lifts us up from the dark,
The dawn bringing light, bringing hope;
We will rebuild for our spirit is strong,
And Harmony will be restored.

Renard

I did not succeed in reproducing that bug in my test environments. This will be a tricky one to solve.
The thing is, USDX-WP is pretty sensitive when it comes to the data it receives, and doesn't handle errors smoothly (it just crashes instead).

I do share the sentiment that the update process isn't exactly smooth, especially with it causing audio to skip. At this point, there's not a lot we can do about it, halas. There might be a very hackish workaround for that, it will cause a ton more issues so that's probably not a good idea. Keep in mind USDX-WP is still in development, too, and the team has plans to change this bit of code (but I do not know the details of what their plans are).

Goliathe

Updating the rest manually isn't too bad, at least. Only time consuming.
At least it's the same song that cause problem when I upload new ones, no matter if they are situated before or after that one in the alphanumerical list.

I tried to work a bit around the files and the song itself (including reinstalling the CDs or the song alone), but it didn't work. Yet again, I'm a noob when it comes to things like these :P

Smilley

It's rather interesting that it'd be a duet version causing this error, since those don't have a highscore anyway.
For a quick and dirty fix, unfortunately, you could delete instrumental.txt in songs\Downloads\Forest Rain feat. Decibelle - Great to be Different (Duet).
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

Goliathe

I never noticed these files before (perks of having a family computer translating everything in French).

Sad thing is, it didn't work. Even without this song, it gets stuck on 346. At least I know that it's only a personal problem, and not an actual bug xD

I just tried updating the scores with 345 songs and it worked, at least.

Goliathe

It gets stuck on #348 now, which is exactly after the previous song, now bein It'll be OK (Duet).
Making progress x3

Goliathe

After a couple of hours checking every single file in the song folders (since obviously the error was a file with denied access, and it wasn't always the same song after adding or removing some), I didn't find anything that was blocked by admin rights or any file that wasn't correctly directed in the .txt files.

I thought of something else, and it worked. If you copy the whole MyLittleKaraoke folder out of the C:/Program Files (x86) - or anything of the like), it should allow the program to access every file without any problem (it's just a bit slower at first).

Now, I know that this will cause the game to be doubled... or at least it did to me, so doing this implied reseting the game completely, but at least online scores can still be linked with a new configuration. To be checked soon.

C:/MyLittleKaraoke is kind of weird (and I lost a lot of stuff over the years), but it's better than nothing I guess.

Renard

This is weird. I honestly have no idea what's happening here. :P

Anyway - if you want the .mlk files to install to your new MLK folder, you'll need to run the NullReferenceException patch. Among other things, it will allow you to set a new reference path for the game (the shortcuts you have on your desktop or Start screen, however, won't be updated to that).

Goliathe

It's nothing that can be fixed easily I guess, so the clone game is the best option (and I managed to make a new desktop shortcut easily). Copying the new .mlk files isn't very long as well, so I guess I'll be fine until a major update.

But thanks ^^