Notes.txt file help

Started by RaveScratch, August 17, 2013, 06:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaveScratch

This is a copy of my notes.txt file for a song and I'm trying to find out whats wrong with it. It will not show up on the game after I import the song. (I only have a singular randomly placed note to make sure that I was able to load the song and have a working note.

#TITLE:Daddy Discord
#ARTIST:Sand Josieph
#CREATOR:RaveScratch
#EDITION:My Little Pony
#GENRE:Pony
#LANGUAGE:English
#MP3:song.mp3
#COVER:cover.png
#BACKGROUND:background.png
#VIDEO:video.mp4
#BPM:149.63
#GAP:0
#UPDATED:08-aug-2013
#COMMENT:http://www.mylittlekaraoke.com/
:  52 1 9 A

Renard

Does "song.mp3" exist in the same folder?

Smilley

You need to have at least one break to count as a song, and the file has to end with a single E.
Also, I would advise you use USC to determine the song's BPM. And double that value if it's below 200. Low BPM counts mean you can't finetune songs that well.
EDIT: I would strongly advise you to use USC anyway. Placing every note manually is a chore you do not have to force yourself through.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!

RaveScratch

Okay thank you, it's just that I've downloaded a lot of stuff recently and I was trying to avoid downloading anymore for unimportant reasons. I'll definetly download it though if it makes it as easy as you are saying.

Quote from: Renard on August 18, 2013, 02:00:12 PM
Does "song.mp3" exists in the same folder?
Yes, I copied everything from an already made song folder and edited it to fit according to the song I'm creating. I've know how to do it now it's just that I didn't do what Smiley said.

Multipost merged. /Smilley

Smilley

USC only has 16 MB, so you should be good. Picture-heavy websites tend to weigh more.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!