MLK giving me a blank white screen

Started by imJoshAdams, August 01, 2015, 05:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imJoshAdams

Hello,

I am running Mavericks OSX, and had the game working fine when I last played it in November. Today I decided to revisit it, but every time I launched it I just got a blank white screen and ended up having to reboot. I tried downloading the beta and the new launcher, and got the same results. I really don't want to do a full reinstall if I don't have to, but, I don't know why it isn't working any more.

yayponies-eu

You can try to remove all settings: Go to the terminal and type

open ~/Library/Application\ Support/UltraStarDeluxe

In the folder that it has opened, delete everything but songs and themes.

If that doesn't work, here the instruction to clean your system of the actual MyLittleKaraoke installation (the uninstaller keep settings):

To clean your actual installation, run this in the terminal:

sudo rm -rf /Applications/UltraStarDeluxe.app
sudo rm -rf /Applications/mlkstart.app
sudo rm -rf /Applications/MyLittleKaraoke\ Launcher.app
sudo rm -rf /Applications/.USDXMavericks
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/UltraStarDeluxe

BE CAREFUL WITH THE RM -RF, BE SURE THAT THERE IS NO TYPO! I RECOMMAND YOU TO COPY/PASTE THE ENTIRE THING TO THE TERMINAL.

Now you can reinstall, there should be nothing left.

TheFerbguy

Could I get this translated for a Windows user, Please?

Renard

TheFerbguy

I ran the theme fix patch and it went and messed with the sorting of the music. So I no long can separate community, show music and the beta music.

*Scratch that. It didn't mess with the sorting. took a few resets and it fixed itself. Plus I still get a white screen if their's no video on a song.*

Smilley

That's a bug in the Beta update. Press B during the song and the background will appear.
Want to try your hoof at making your own songs? Look no further!